What Is Vegan Keto Diet?
Vegan Keto Diet is one of the keto diets which helps you to lose your weight rapidly. It is the healthiest diet plan that you can adopt. It not only helps you to lose your weight but also makes immunity resistant to various harmful diseases. Vegan Keto Diet is low in carbs, high in fats and moderate in proteins. People following Vegan Keto Diet consume plant-based foods, such as vegetables, fruits and grains and also animal products like eggs and dairy items.
Vegan Keto Benefits
There are several health benefits you will experience while following this diet. Some of them are mentioned here:
- Lowers the risk of heart disease.
- Decreases the pain.
- Lowers the risk of cancer.
- Controls blood sugar level.
- Lowers the risk of diabetes.
- Rapid weight loss.
- Reduces the risk of obesity.
Food Items To Be Eaten
When you are following vegan keto diet, it’s important to have the healthy food that is high in fat and low in carbs. They include:
- Nuts, seeds, and grains including Almonds, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and many more
- Oil including olive oil, coconut oil, nut oil
- Nonstarchy vegetables including leafy vegetables, broccoli, cauliflower and many more.
Food Items To Be Avoided
Some food items contain a high amount of carb and less amount of fats. When following vegan keto diet, the intake of such food items should be avoided.
The food items which should strictly be avoided include:
- Meat and poultry
- Dairy products
- Animal-based ingredients including honey, egg white protein and many more.
Some of the food items which should also be avoided significantly:
- Grains and starches
- Sweet drinks
- Starchy vegetables
- Alcoholic beverages
- Low-fat foodstuffs
- Highly processed food
- Beans and legumes
Vegan Protein Source
Protein is essential to maintain health and muscle mass. Following a Vegan Keto Diet, you can have these food items to get enough protein for your body. They include:
- Tofu: It is an excellent substitute for meats like pork, chicken, beef. It is made of soybeans and is high in protein and calcium.
- Seitan: It is also known as “white meat”. It is a veg meat substitute made from wheat gluten, soy sauce, ginger, and garlic. This vegan meat is high in protein and a good source of iron.
- Nuts and seeds: many nuts and seeds contain a high amount of protein and essential vitamins. Some of them are pumpkin seeds, almonds, sunflower seeds, flax seeds etc.
- Vegan protein powder: It is one of the secret substitutes of protein. It helps you to get enough amount of protein for your body.
Recipes For A Keto Diet
The Vegan Keto Diet includes high fat, low-carb foods with a moderate amount of protein and a low amount of sugar. Thinking about vegan keto diet to follow it seems like difficult to find the food which contains high fat, low-carb and moderate amount of protein with less amount of sugar. But here are the recipes which are plant-based and keto friendly including:
- Cauliflower rice stir fry
- Cannoli-stuffed cripes
- Tofu in purgatory
- Noodles with avocado sauce
- Coconut bacon
- Vegan Thai soup
- Green curry kale
- Crispy coconut tempeh
- Cauliflower fried rice
These food items are the perfect low carb. A plant-based diet is clinically proved to be one of the best ways to lose weight. It has also proved to be safe. Vegan Keto Diet additionally helps to lower the risk of heart disease and diabetes.
When following a Vegan Keto Diet you can choose many food items but it’s important that those food items should be less in carbs and high in fat.