What Is Keto Friendly Sweetener?
In the initial days of your keto diet, most of the people face problem regarding sugar intensive food cravings. To overcome this, you can use a Keto Diet Sweetener which contains the food that has low carbs, fewer calories and sugar-free.
Types Of Sweeteners
Generally, there are few classifications of sweetener such as natural sweeteners, sugar alcohols, and synthetic sweeteners. There are also other types but they are rarely used. These are the most widely used type of sweetener. For a ketogenic diet, natural sweeteners are the best one for the use.
Low Carb Sweetener
Allulose: Allulose is the natural keto sweetener. It contains a very negligible amount of carbohydrates and calories. Several clinical and animal demonstrations have proved that this natural sweetener helps in maintaining the blood and sugar level.
Inulin: Pure inulin contains no carbs, no calories and is sweeter in taste. It is a naturally occurring sweetener which is extracted from chicory root. It adds sweetness, caramelize like sugar and typically doesn’t add any taste like you may find it with others.
Monk fruit powder: It is also one type of natural keto sweetener. It contains very less amount of carbs. It is an antioxidant fruit that is grown in small orchards in the forest areas. It is also used as traditional medicine for treating obesity and diabetes.
Stevia: Stevia contains very less amount of carbs and calories. It is a herb and is commonly known as a sugar leaf. It benefits your sugar level and maintains the insulin level also. It reduces the blood pressure, controls and regulates the sugar level.
Tagatose: This is one of the naturally occurring sweeteners found in dairy, fruits, and cacao. It has a low glycemic index and this helps to maintain the sugar level of your body.
What Should Be Avoided For Keto Sweetener?
There are certain cravings which should be avoided for keto. They increase the sugar level of your body and affects the body functioning these are some of them mentioned below:
- Consumption of cakes, sweets, biscuits as they contain a high amount of sugar.
- High carb items as it affects the blood and sugar level of the body.
- Raw honey though it is a natural sweetener it contains a high amount of sugar content.
- Fresh fruit juice contains a high amount of carbs so it affects your sugar level of the body.
- Dried dates as they can lead to a storage of excess carbs in the form of body fats.
- Artificial sweeteners as they affect the regulation of insulin level in your body.
There is a number of ways to substitute regular sweetener with low carb sweetener. Some of them are mentioned below:
- You can replace 1 tablespoon of honey with 2 tablespoons of yacon syrup.
- You can also replace one tablespoon of sugar with 2-3 drops of stevia or one pinch of monk fruit powder.
- Instead of consuming one tablespoon of sugar in your regular tea, you can add 1-2 drops of stevia or one tablespoon of erythritol.
Being overweight is one of the major problems the majority of people are facing nowadays. They feel insecure, socially offensive, physically inactive and being overweight causes numerous side effects.
There are many other artificial substitutes available in the market which promises you to reduce your weight and overcome all these problems. They give a short-term result and contains a high amount of chemicals. They give many side effects too. It may harm. Using this Keto Sweetener will give you the best result without giving any side effect. It will maintain the sugar level of your body.