Keto Weight Loss techniques have been around for a long time but they are only popular now. The most common weight-loss supplements that are sold in the market are Keto Diet Pills.
Why pills and not a drink? Why are they so popular? To satisfy your curiosity, let us dive right into what they do and how you can benefit from using them.
What Are Keto Diet Pills?
These are supplements that help in enabling the body to get into ketosis quickly. Ketosis is a state of the body wherein the body’s metabolism burns fat for energy instead of glucose (glycolysis). The sugar and carbs are the main sources of energy in a regular diet and they convert into fat if the body’s metabolism isn’t fast enough. This leads to building up of fats.
Ketosis is a process wherein fats are burnt and instead of glucose, ketones are produced as a source of energy. There are reliable and do not produce as many waste products as glucose usage does.
How Do Keto Diet Pills Work?
These pills have a compound called BHB. An acronym for Beta-Hydroxybutyrate, it is a ketone that is made in the process of adipose-processing. Adipose tissues are the ones commonly referred to as fat-tissues.
BHB is also naturally synthesized in our bodies and is a derivative of Acetoacetate (AcAc), which is also a ketone. BHB is one of the three ketones present in the body and constitutes about 78% of the total ketone content of our body. Along with AcAc, it is a very good fuel for our muscles and the brain.
When BHB is introduced in the muscle tissues, it is quickly absorbed and synthesized for forming ATP molecules (energy) and also promotes the breakdown of adipose tissues, thereby burning fats. This is how Keto Diet Pills work and are so popular as a weight loss solution. But you might be wondering, that with every solution, there must be a catch, and there is to this one too. We’ll learn about the caveats of getting into a Keto Diet below:
The Keto Diet
As their name suggests, to make these keto diet pills 100% effective, you must follow a ketogenic diet. A keto diet is often compared and confused with other low-carb diets.
A typical low-carb diet would only manage to restrict the number of carbs, but they do not come close to the extent of a keto diet.
In a keto diet, only 5% of the total nutrient content must contain carbohydrates. If the number exceeds, it will promote fat accumulation and will make your body switch back to glycolysis. Alongside this, 25% must be proteins and at least 70% must be fat.
This amount of fat is necessary because, in ketosis, your body will constantly need fat as a source of energy. Running out of fats will make your body switch back to needing glucose as the energy source.
If you think that excluding sugar would be a tough task, believe us, it will be. Even if you are on keto diet pills. As one of the first reminiscences of a keto diet is a strong craving or sugar. Following this is a flu-like condition, called keto flu. We’ll learn about what it is after seeing how these pills benefit you.
Benefits Of Using Keto Diet Pills
Being on a keto diet could be one of the best things you could do. There are a huge number of benefits you can avail by following a keto diet.
The benefits are:
- Accelerated Ketosis: consuming a supplement which contains BHB would immensely help in accelerating the process of transition from glycolysis to ketosis. Naturally, it will take you at least a month, but using pills, you can get into ketosis in less than three weeks.
- Suppression of Appetite: BHB naturally suppresses hunger pangs and decreases the desire of eating food constantly. This will help you in battling your constant craving for food by making you feel “full”.
- Rapid Weight Loss: This is a good news for people who are overweight or obese because Ketosis can do something which rigorous exercise cannot. As you get into this state, the process will burn through rigid fat deposits in areas like belly, lower back, buttocks, and muscles with attached adipose tissues. This will result in you losing weight at a constant and nimble pace.
- Enhanced Bodybuilding Capabilities: If you’re an avid bodybuilding enthusiast, then using keto diet pills alongside your protein supplement will make your results go through the roof. Due to the fat-burning, there will be a large amount of energy in reserve, cutting down your recovery timings and improving lean muscle mass growth.
- Decreases Stress: BHB also helps in decreasing the levels of cortisol which helps in dealing with stress in a much better way. This also benefits in many other ways like allowing the production and functioning of testosterone.
- Enhances Cognitive Functions: BHB is absorbed in the brain faster than glucose. It also protects the neurons from inflammation and degeneration. This helps in enhancing cognitive abilities, helping you think straight.
- Balances Sugar and Insulin Levels: This ketone helps in lower the levels of insulin, thereby helping people with conditions like Type 2 diabetes.
- Fights Fatigues: The fat-burning process will leave a huge reservoir of energy to be utilized in day-to-day activities. Hence, you’ll never run out of it and won’t face fatigues.
Secondary Benefits Of Using Keto Diet Pills Include:
- Easy consumption with no need for expert supervision
- No need for prescriptions.
- A huge amount of support and resources available for help online.
- Works for most healthy individuals and gives away consistent & proportionate results.
- Helps with mental conditions like anxiety, dementia, mood disorders, and depression
- Also helps with several other physical conditions like skin photosensitivity, liver disease, psoriasis, acne, varicose ulcers, etc.
How To Use Keto Diet Pills?
These pills are very easy to use. It is because that they’re pills that they do not require a specific concentration, which is required in case of liquids & drinks.
- Use one pill before lunch and before dinner.
- Eat keto friendly foods throughout the day.
- Follow the specific instructions provided to you by an expert in the subject matter.
- If you have any queries regarding the usage or dosage, then contact the consumer support or a physician.
Precautions While Being On a Keto Diet
Making up your mind to get into a keto diet is hard enough and so is adhering to the guidelines. You must not assume anything by yourself and never ignore the guidelines mentioned below.
- Never eat anything with sugar in it. If you want the taste of sugar in your coffee, then try using stevia instead.
- Monitoring your diet is very important. If you’ve not realized by now, you’ll have to cut down all the junk food that you eat with your friends.
- There are no cheat days in a keto diet. If you cheat, you’re going to be your old self and will not improve physically or mentally.
- Alcohol intake must be cut down. This is because alcohol is a substance that reduces your body’s natural metabolic rate, thereby negating the effects of keto diet pills as a whole.
- Exercise is important. For beginners, we don’t expect you to get into a fully-fledged workout session. But you should at least get out of your home and walk in your neighborhood park.
- Sugar cravings are one of the worst enemies in a diet. The intake must be cut down in order to make sure that you do not build up on fats or get back to glycolysis.
Some Very Important Points You Should Not Ignore:
- Never use keto diet pills if you’re on medications that thin your blood.
- If you’re a cardiovascular patient, then you mustn’t use these pills.
- A pregnant woman must not consume these pills at any stage of their gestation period. The same thing applies to lactating mothers.
- If you’re scheduled for a surgery, then you should stop using such pills at least two weeks prior to the set date.
- Under the age of 20, keto diet pills may show undesirable effects. So it is better that you refrain from using such pills until you turn 21.
What To Eat In A Keto Diet?
After so many restrictions being put on about how many carbs you must eat, you might be wondering “what is left to eat now?” Well, here are some keto-friendly foods that you should eat if you opt to sustain a successful keto state.
In vegetarian foods, you can eat the following:
- Low carb veggies (Brussel sprouts, kale, broccoli, cauliflower, etc).
- Cottage cheese
- Nuts and seeds
- Dark chocolate
- Tea and coffee (without sugar, of course).
In non-vegetarian foods, you can eat:
- Meat and poultry (beef, bacon, lamb, etc.)
- Seafood (clams, squid, oysters, mussels, octopus, salmon, sardines, mackerel, etc).
Mistakes To Avoid While On A Keto Diet
If you think that you can sustain ketosis just by consuming some keto diet pills, then you might be absolutely wrong. The following mistakes must not be made, especially when your health is at stake:
- Avoiding Vegetables:
A keto diet contains low carb constituents, meaning your carb content must be low. Nowhere it is said that you shouldn’t eat veggies. All vegetables are not the same and you still have to get a source of fiber and veggies are the best source. The most recommended foods to have are broccoli, cauliflower, zucchini, and bell pepper.
- Consuming Fewer Fats:
The process of ketosis depends upon fats as the reserves of fats will decrease in your body in a matter of weeks. At such times, it is important that you keep the reserve of fat as much as possible. Otherwise, either your body with start eating muscles for energy (known as muscle atrophy) or your body might switch back to glycolysis.
- Not Drinking Water:
Hydrating yourself is important. It has been said since ages you must drink enough water in order for your organs to work at their best. This is especially important for the functioning of kidneys. Dehydrating yourself could lead to loss of energy and cognitive function, something which keto diet pills won’t help you with. It is also required for the synthesis of proteins.
- Taking Unhealthy Amounts of Stress:
When people think of stress, they always assume it to be negative. Although the existence of productive stress is important, you shouldn’t take it too far. Taking a heavy amount of stress could lead you to eat unhealthily. Also, high amounts of cortisol in the body could disrupt the process of ketosis, leading you to gain weight.
- Unhealthy Amount Of Sleep:
Depriving yourself of sleep is one of the worst things you could do to yourself while on a diet. This could disrupt your melatonin levels leading to an imbalance in other hormones as well. Also, even when your body might have an energy reserve, you will feel tired when you wake up the next day.
How To Improve The Efficiency Of Your Diet
Here are some simple steps that you can follow to make sure that your weight loss process is consistent and highly efficient:
- Balance Protein Consumption:
The levels of proteins must be balanced and maintained. Excess proteins will lead to them getting converted into carbohydrates. Keeping them at a constant level will help you maintain the effectivity of the process.
- Indulge In Physical Activities:
If you want to improve the weight-loss part from the list of benefits, then you must indulge in physical activities, starting with walking. Slowly, you can step up to getting into yoga and a complete workout routine.
- Include Coconut Oil In Your Diet:
Coconut oil is a very healthy source of MCT (medium-chain triglycerides). Including this in your cuisines will help you improve the function of your digestive tract and will also help in getting rid of nasty effects of keto flu-like stomach cramps and diarrhea.
- Check Ketone Levels:
Checking the levels of ketones from time-to-time can help you understand your body better and help you make your changes accordingly.
- Use BHB Salts:
Using Keto Diet Pills could help you get into the state of keto pretty fast, but not do much towards improving the levels of BHB instantly. BHB salts do exactly that and are safe to use.