Being A Vegan
Vegans and Vegetarians are totally different from each other. People still don’t understand the difference between them or what veganism means. In simple words, it is defined as the type of vegetarian diet that does not include eggs, meat, dairy products and also other various products which are derived from animals. The people who follow these diets and foods that do not include the part are termed as vegans or vegan food.
Cruelty-free is the lifestyle that veganism has on offer as they also exclude clothes, footwear, etc. that are made from animal skin. These days there are many vegan versions available of products that they despise of. You can still lavishly feast on a Sunday and still be called a vegan.
Vegans On Weight Loss: How do they do it so quick?
Well, Vegans too face problems related to body weight. It’s found that people who take up a vegan diet shed roughly about 4-5 pounds more than others. Why does this happen? It’s pretty simple. Vegans consume fibrous foodstuffs on a larger scale and it helps to push out all the waste from your intestines. Animal products contain no fiber content and which is why you might find it difficult to shed that load while consuming them.
For losing weight, what pops first in a vegan mind is to check out the foodstuffs available in the vegan diet. The Vegan Pyramid will show you the consumables. It includes vegetables and the greens to fruits and whole grains. Although it’ll guide you through it, keeping control on your calorie intake as well as your portions is to be looked after. If not, it might stack up against you, making the process longer.
What to focus on?
Proteins form a large part of your diet. As it fills you up faster, you won’t be reaching the kitchen anytime soon. Being a vegan and expecting to consume a pile of proteins? Don’t worry, plants too can provide you with proteins. Namely, beans, lentils, quinoa or just take oats. Protein powders can also be a quick alternative if these don’t match your preferences.
Planning your meals with precision should be on top of your checklist. Proper distribution of your nutrients, vitamins, and proteins along with daily exercise routines is a must. Stay hydrated as it is advised to drink about 11-12 glasses of water every day.
Healthy Vegan Recipes For Weight Loss
We know losing weight is not an easy task but it shouldn’t be taken that way. There are various recipes that can keep the task at hand exciting and fun. We looked upon a few delicious ones and they might be tempting
- Low-fat pasta vegan pesto salad
- Baked green pea fritters
- Vegetable quinoa soup
The one that we loved was the Vegan wrap. All the essential goodness wrapped together. A one-round stop for food and health.
Time to prepare: 12-15 minutes
Time to cook: 25-35 minutes
The total amount of time: 50 minutes approximately
Servings: 4 Wraps
The Making Of Roasted Potatoes aka the filling
- 4 Cups of freshly Chopped Red Potatoes
- Virgin Olive Oil
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- half tsp coriander and cumin
- ½ tsp salt
- Chilli powder (as you like)
The Yummy Wraps
- Your favorite vegan BBQ sauce or any other
(You can go on to add your own fillings and make your own juicy healthy wraps)
Instructions To Be Noted
The Piping Red Roasted Potatoes
- Preheat the oven to about 400 degrees F.
- Prepared potatoes, washed and dried and chopped. The final outcome depends upon the size of your potatoes or the quantity you choose. You can go on depending upon the number of people you wish to serve.
- The potatoes should be mixed well with your favorite set of spices, salt, and virgin olive oil. Keep mixing until they are totally into that mixture.
- Bake the potatoes for about 35 minutes and use sheets that don’t allow them to stick.
Bringing It All In
- Wraps Assemble! As per your servings lay them in a bowl to add it in.
- Spread it all about. Add your BBQ sauce, greens, sprouts and don’t forget the scallions. Add in the potatoes to then start wrapping.
- Go crazy and eat like there’s no tomorrow!